We provide assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for adults living in the community who have experienced falls, fractures, and a variety of conditions such as arthritis and joint replacements which have led to a change in function. We specialise in falls prevention and offer a variety of strength and balance exercise programmes across Lambeth and Southwark to address this.
Our job is to help people who have an illness, injury or disability affecting their:
- personal care tasks, like washing and dressing
- domestic tasks such as cooking, housework, shopping
- transfers, for example getting on/off bed, chair or toilet
- walking and mobility, for example use of walking aids, strength and balance training
- leisure, education or work.
Our service consists of:
- A team based at the Pulross Centre in Lambeth. They provide occupational therapy and physiotherapy to an intermediate care ward and housebound clients.
- An team based at Dulwich Community Hospital in Southwark. They provide physiotherapy to housebound clients.
- At team based at the Whittington Centre in Lambeth. They provide occupational therapy and physiotherapy to housebound clients.
- A multi-disciplinary falls clinic based at the Whittington Centre.
- Strength and balance classes for falls prevention at the Whittington Centre and at a variety of community venues in Lambeth and Southwark.
We also offer advice, support, health promotion and education to both patients and their care-givers. We work closely with social services and the voluntary sector.
We are proud of our falls service, Southwark and Lambeth Integrated Care Pathway for Older People with Falls (SLIPS). Working in partnership with King's College Hospital and Southwark and Lambeth Councils, we provide evidence based rehabilitation and preventative strategies for those who have fallen or are at risk of falling.
Strength and balance classes for falls prevention
We run over 25 exercise classes in local community venues across Lambeth and Southwark to prevent falls.
Please watch our advert to find out more or call our strength and balance helpline on 020 3049 5424 if you're interested in coming to a class.