Consultant vascular and interventional radiologist
Gregory Makris is a consultant vascular and interventional radiologist at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
He is an active member of the national and interventional radiology community. He was chairman of the trainee committees in:
- the British Society of Interventional Radiology
- the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe
Education and training
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Radiologists
- Vascular and interventional radiology fellowship, Oxford University Hospitals, 2015 to 2019
- Speciality training in clinical imaging as a National Institute for Health Research academic clinical fellow, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, 2012 to 2015
- PhD in vascular surgery, Imperial College London, 2009 to 2012
- Medical degree, University of Athens, Greece, 2001 to 2007
Gregory is passionate about research. He is the main author of more than 50 peer-reviewed publications and book chapters.
He is a member of the CVIR endovascular journal editorial board and peer reviewer for a number of international journals.
He is also a TEDx speaker and has presented in many national and international conferences.
- Research grant, the British society of interventional radiology
- Research grant, National Institute for Health Research Cambridge biomedical research centre
- Research grant, Ealing Hospital, London
- Annual scholarship, the Levendis Foundation, Cyprus
- Scholarship, the Cardiovascular Disease and Educational Research Trust
Email: [email protected]
- Peripheral arterial and venous disease
- Fibroid embolisation
- Pelvic congestion syndrome
- Prostate artery embolisation
- Testicular embolisation
- Global health
Last updated: January 2023