Consultant in weaning, home ventilation and critical care
Phil Marino is a consultant in weaning, home ventilation and critical care in the Lane Fox Respiratory Unit at St Thomas' Hospital.
He qualified from the United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital in 1995.
Dr Marino trained in respiratory and intensive care medicine at the Royal Brompton, St Thomas' and St George's hospitals in London.
In addition, he undertook a clinical research Fellowship in chronic airways diseases at the Hammersmith Hospital, attaining an MD from the University of London in 2009.
He was a consultant in pulmonary hypertension and critical care at the Royal Brompton Hospital from 2009 to 2014, as well as being an honorary senior lecturer at Imperial College London.
Education and training
- 1989-1995: qualified in medicine at the United Medical and Dental Schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals (UMDS), University of London
- 2000-2003: clinical research Fellowship (MD) in respiratory medicine (airways disease) at the Hammersmith Hospital, London
- 2003-2009: national training programme in respiratory and general internal medicine, including St George’s and Royal Brompton hospitals, London Deanery
- 2004-2005: clinical Fellowship in intensive care medicine and anaesthesia, Royal Brompton and Chelsea and Westminster Hospitals, Londo
- 2006-2007: national training programme in intensive care medicine, St Georges and Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals
- 2009: MD, University of London.
Qualifications and accreditations
- 1993: BSc (Hons) in immunology, University of London
- 1995: MBBS, UMDS, University of London 1995
- 1999: Member of the Royal College of Physicians (MRCP)
- 2008: Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (DICM UK)
- 2008: Certificates of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) in respiratory medicine and general (internal medicine)
- 2009: MD, University of London
- 2009: Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) in intensive care medicine
- 2011: Fellow of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine (FFICM).
- pulmonary hypertension (PH), particularly in the context of respiratory disease
- physical therapy and rehabilitation in PH patients
- acute non-invasive ventilation in critical care.
Tel: 020 7188 3449
Area of expertise: chronic respiratory failure, weaning, pulmonary hypertension, critical care.
Phil Marino's specialist interests include:
- pulmonary hypertension (especially in association with respiratory disease)
- right ventricular failure
- acute and chronic respiratory failure
- weaning from mechanical ventilation.
Last updated: April 2022