Simon Steddon joined Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust as a consultant renal (kidney) physician in 2005 and was initially responsible for the development of our kidney services in west Kent.
He became clinical lead for renal medicine in 2007, clinical director for renal, transplant and urology in 2008 and then joint clinical director of abdominal medicine and surgery in 2010.
Simon was our Chief Operating Officer from 2014 to 2016 and was appointed Medical Director in January 2017. He became our Medical Director, with full Board responsibilities, in July 2019.
He is the principal clinician for our outreach services based at the Tunbridge Wells Kidney Treatment Centre.
Education and training
- MBA, Westminster Business School
- PhD in bone metabolism, Queen Mary University of London
- Postgraduate training in internal and renal medicine across London and the south east, particularly at St Bartholomew's and the Royal London Hospitals
- Medicine, King's College London
- Degree in immunology
- Disorders of bone and mineral metabolism that accompany long-term kidney disease
Steddon S, Sharples E. (2011) Renal Association Clinical Practice Guideline in mineral and bone disorders in CKD. Nephron Clin Pract. 118 Suppl 1:c145-52.
Steddon S, et al (2006).The Oxford Handbook of Nephrology and Hypertension. Oxford; Oxford University Press.
Secretary: Mona Adugyamfi
Secretary phone: 020 7188 9759
Secretary email: [email protected]
- Management and service development
Last updated: December 2022