Tommaso Donati is a vascular surgeon at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust.
After graduating in medicine, he qualified in vascular surgery at the University of Milan (Italy) in 2004.
He has subsequently undertaken extensive postgraduate training in open and endovascular procedures working in renowned centres in France (where, in 2008, he board certified in vascular surgery) and the UK.
He joined Guy's and St Thomas' in September 2013 from San Paolo Teaching Hospital in Milan (Italy) where he served as clinical lead for vascular surgery since 2009.
Over the last few years, his enthusiasm and commitment to improve the care of patients suffering from vascular diseases resulted in his invitation as a faculty member to national and international meeting of vascular surgery and interventional radiology.
Education and training
- Università degli Studi of Milan, Italy – degree (BSC) in medicine and surgery (110/110 cum laude) 1999
- Università degli Studi of Milan, Italy – master degree in biomaterial and engineering of human tissues 2001
- Università degli Studi of Milan, Italy – CCT in vascular surgery (70/70 cum laude) 2004
- Université Paris XII Val de Marne – diploma in endovascular techniques 2005
- Collège Français De Chirurgie Vasculaire – board certified in vascular surgery 2008.
- Translational medicine
- Pathophysiology of aortic dissections
- Novel treatments for peripheral vascular disease
Tommaso's skills and expertise include open and endovascular treatment for aortic diseases, surgery of the visceral arteries and novel treatments for peripheral vascular disease and regenerative medicine in advanced wound healing (with a particular emphasis in distal bypass and angioplasty).
He is currently lead for carotid surgery and part of the multi-disciplinary team for peripheral vascular disease in patients suffering from diabetes.
Last updated: April 2022